Thursday, June 5, 2008

Movies You Should See

A. and I just saw The Lookout last night. A well done movie, it is at times quite sad. A young man who has suffered brain damage is lured into a criminal gang. The end is worth the watch.

If you haven't seen these yet, check them out:
Bobby (love the clothing, music, everything. I'm not a Helen Hunt fan, but she was quite excellent in this movie. Actually, there were many strong, well-played female roles in the movie, a rarity it seems.)
The Namesake-same director as Mississippi Masala. This has a wonderful slow story.
Antonia's Line-a beautiful and tough at times story with some real humor.
Bandit Queen-This is the true story of Phoolan Devi. It's not an easy watch and maybe I shouldn't recommend it. But I think it is important to at least have heard her name and know a little bit about her.
And I totally love the HBO series, Deadwood. Well written and funny, plus the costumes are great! Rent it today!

No comments: